To understand how link building can promote your business, you first need to comprehend what link building is and the different forms it can take.
Link building is an amalgamation of well-written articles and press releases, links from relevant websites and social networking. All of these work towards giving your business and brand credibility, which results in high-quality targeted traffic being driven to a beautiful destination.
The two most common types of link building are one-way and reciprocal:
- One-Way: These are hyperlinks from a website related to your industry that points visitors to your website. These links can appear on business directories and blogs. One-way links are given greater importance than reciprocal links by search engines such as Google and MSN.
- Reciprocal: This kind of link building allows website owners to exchange links with other businesses. It is generally understood that the two websites reciprocating links will be related to each other in some way. Search engines favour one-way links over reciprocal links as the former use methods which work towards establishing a good search engine page ranking.
- What Methods of Link Building are Available?
As professional link building consultants, we know exactly how to create effective link building strategies. We work with our clients to get their website listed using the following outlets:
- Related Websites: Getting search engines to work for you means linking to websites which are related to yours, such as suppliers, partners and indirect competitors.
- Dofollow blog comment with Page rank:
- Directory Submissions: Directory submissions is a time-consuming exercise, but a necessary one as it will provide your website with back links (many cumulative hyperlinks) which build popularity for your website amongst search engines.
- Forum Posting link with good forum .
- Social Link Building: This requires you to have a good understanding of your online marketplace. Many of your potential online customers will be internet savvy. They will conduct research into the products and services offered by you and your competitors. Their enquiries will be made through visiting search engines, forums and blogs. For your link building strategy to be successful you must be active in these online portals, constantly seeking to meet new customers and show them why you are a leader in your market.